Logo Repositorio Institucional

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://dspace.ucuenca.edu.ec/handle/123456789/34230
Title: Complicaciones del uso de la máscara laríngea en pacientes pediátricos. Hospitales Vicente Corral Moscoso y José Carrasco. Cuenca, 2018.
metadata.dc.ucuenca.titulouniforme: COMPLICACIONES DEL USO DE LA MÁSCARA LARÍNGEA EN PACIENTES PEDIÁTRICOS. HOSPITALES VICENTE CORRAL MOSCOSO Y JOSÉ CARRASCO. CUENCA, 2018.
Authors: Ávalos García, José Eduardo
metadata.dc.contributor.advisor: Pacheco Baculima, Juan Pablo
metadata.dc.contributor.assessor: Morales Sanmartín, Jaime Rodrigo
metadata.dc.ucuenca.correspondencia: jose-duardo@hotmail.es
Keywords: Anestesia
Respiración artificial
Pediatría
Tesis de Especialista en Anestesiología
Issue Date: 7-May-2020
metadata.dc.ucuenca.paginacion: 46 páginas
Publisher: Universidad de Cuenca
metadata.dc.description.city: 
Cuenca
Series/Report no.: MEDA;077
metadata.dc.type: masterThesis
Abstract: 
Introduction: The laryngeal mask is the equipment with the aim of increasing quality, safety, care, however despite having universal use and high efficiency for ventilation it is not without complications. Objective: To identify the frequency of complications with the use of laryngeal mask in the Vicente Corral Moscoso and José Carrasco Arteaga hospitals in the city of Cuenca. Methods: It is an observational, descriptive, prospective study in 220 pediatric patients, ASA I, II and III operated in elective and emergent surgeries under general anesthesia in a time interval of 30 to 240 minutes, of all medical specialties of the year 2018, different types of mask were used. The sample was obtained by applying the formula for unknown population (n = (Z2 x p x q) / e2), confidence level (Z): 95%. (1.96) Margin of error (e): 5% Probability of occurrence of the event (p): 15% Probability of non-occurrence of the event (q): 85%. Results: The rate of laryngeal complications is 5.9%, frequent cough and bloody secretion, associated factors such as classic mask, age (2-5 years), time greater than 60 minutes, greater number of attempts, ASA> I, nutritional status overweight , and inserter in training. Conclusion: The laryngeal mask is accepted as a device in pediatric anesthesia for rapid learning, low failure rate and utility in difficult airways. There is insufficient evidence to support the use of a particular device over another.
Description: 
Introducción: La máscara laríngea es el equipamiento con el objetivo de aumentar la calidad, seguridad, cuidado, sin embargo, a pesar de tener uso universal y alta eficacia para la ventilación no está exenta de complicaciones. Objetivo: Identificar la frecuencia de complicaciones con el uso de mascara laríngea en los hospitales José Carrasco Arteaga, Vicente Corral Moscoso en la ciudad de Cuenca. Métodos: Es un estudio observacional, descriptivo, prospectivo, en 220 pacientes pediátricos, ASA I , II y III intervenidos en cirugías electivas y emergentes bajo anestesia general en un intervalo de tiempo de 30 a 240 minutos, de todas las especialidades médicas quirúrgicas del año 2018 ,se utilizaron los diferentes tipos de máscara. La muestra se obtuvo aplicando la fórmula para población desconocida (n = (Z2 x p x q)/ e2) ,nivel de confianza (Z): 95%. (1.96) Margen de error (e): 5% Probabilidad de ocurrencia del evento (p): 15% Probabilidad de no ocurrencia del evento (q): 85%. Resultados : El índice de complicaciones laríngeas es 5.9% ,frecuentemente la tos y secreción sanguinolenta, asociándose factores como mascara clásica , edad (2-5 años), tiempo mayor de 60 minutos, mayor número de intentos, ASA> I, estado nutricional sobrepeso, e insertor en formación. Conclusión: La máscara laríngea es validada como dispositivo en anestesia pediátrica por aprendizaje rápido, baja tasa de fracaso, menores complicaciones y utilidad en vías aéreas difíciles, Es insuficiente la evidencia para respaldar el uso de un determinado dispositivo por encima de otro.
metadata.dc.description.degree: 
Especialista en Anestesiología
URI: http://dspace.ucuenca.edu.ec/handle/123456789/34230
Appears in Collections:Tesis Especializaciones

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
TRABAJO DE TITULACIÓN.pdfversión presentada (texto completo)1.41 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail
View/Open


This item is protected by original copyright



Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

Centro de Documentacion Regional "Juan Bautista Vázquez"

Biblioteca Campus Central Biblioteca Campus Salud Biblioteca Campus Yanuncay
Av. 12 de Abril y Calle Agustín Cueva, Telf: 4051000 Ext. 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H00-21H00. Sábados: 08H00-12H00 Av. El Paraíso 3-52, detrás del Hospital Regional "Vicente Corral Moscoso", Telf: 4051000 Ext. 3144. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H00-19H00 Av. 12 de Octubre y Diego de Tapia, antiguo Colegio Orientalista, Telf: 4051000 Ext. 3535 2810706 Ext. 116. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H30-19H00