Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://dspace.ucuenca.edu.ec/handle/123456789/19973
Title: Depresión y factores asociados en adolescentes de colegios urbanos de la Ciudad de Cuenca, mayo-octubre del 2007
Authors: Jaramillo Oyervide, Julio Alfredo
Keywords: DEPRESION
DSM IV TR
PREVALENCE
HAMILTON
TRASTORNOS MENTALES
MANUAL DIAGNOSTICO
Issue Date: Apr-2010
metadata.dc.ucuenca.paginacion: pp. 51-55
Publisher: Universidad de Cuenca. Facultad de Ciencias Médicas
metadata.dc.description.city: 
Cuenca
Series/Report no.: 610.5;si1373
metadata.dc.type: Article
Abstract: 
Objective. to determine the prevalence of depression and risk factors, in teenagers aged 10-19 years old from Cuenca’s urban high schools May – October 2007. Method and materials. Study of prevalence. The sample was representative and randomized (264), finite universe N=41270 with a 6% occurring probability, 94% non occurring probability, 95% confidence level (1.96 ); and inference error of 0.03 (3%). For data collecting a questionnaire and the test Hamilton for depression, were used. Data were processed in Epi Info. Results. The 32.7% (88/269) has mayor depression from these 10.4% (28/88) suffered some disease in the past. Statistically significant association OR 1.81, IC 95% (1.02 3.23) p = 0,041. The 33.2% (88/265) of mayor depression cases, 3.8% (10/88) suffer some disease at the present moment. Statistically significant association was found OR 4.41, IC 95% (1.45 - 13.34) p=0,004. 32.7% (89/272) of mayor depression cases, 8.8% (24/89) drink alcohol. Statistically significant association was found OR 3.01 IC 95% (1.55 - 5.81) p=0.0008. 32.6% (89/273) of mayor depression cases, 51.7% (46/89) belong to adolescence stage: 14-16 years. Statistically significant association was found p=0,016. Chi2 Pearson 8.26. Conclusions. The mayor depression could be considered a public health problem in Cuenca.
URI: http://dspace.ucuenca.edu.ec/handle/123456789/19973
Appears in Collections:Volumen 29 No. 31 (2010)

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Julio Jaramillo O..pdf342.15 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


This item is protected by original copyright



Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

Centro de Documentacion Regional "Juan Bautista Vázquez"

Biblioteca Campus Central Biblioteca Campus Salud Biblioteca Campus Yanuncay
Av. 12 de Abril y Calle Agustín Cueva, Telf: 4051000 Ext. 1311, 1312, 1313, 1314. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H00-21H00. Sábados: 08H00-12H00 Av. El Paraíso 3-52, detrás del Hospital Regional "Vicente Corral Moscoso", Telf: 4051000 Ext. 3144. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H00-19H00 Av. 12 de Octubre y Diego de Tapia, antiguo Colegio Orientalista, Telf: 4051000 Ext. 3535 2810706 Ext. 116. Horario de atención: Lunes-Viernes: 07H30-19H00